Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Coloring Stamps

Good morning blogland!! Viva Las Vegastamps! has so many gorgeous stamps to offer.. and in such great varieties that I've been trying to share lots with you.. they have great detailed stamps, cartoony stamps, phrases, pictures, drawings.. today I want to show you a great REALISTIC stamp.


This butterfly is 3.25"x3.25"
Product #9459
And I can't get over the amazing amount of negative and positive space. It's the perfect "coloring" stamp!



I chose to stamp my stamp with Momento Tuxedo Black ink (Also available at Viva Las Vegastamps! just click the link!) which is a permanent waterproof ink in a very rich black. I colored it with Prismacolor Art markers... you could also color with chalks, copic markers, colored pencils, water color, or your favorite stamp pads!



My adhesive of choice was Miracle Tape - which holds ANYTHING to ANYTHING - including the plastic recycled netting to my card base!

Other supplies: KnCO paper, rhinestones, distress ink, stickles, and a 7gypsies stamp for the script.. a great substitute for the script would be Viva Las Vegastamps!'s Writing Background 4"x4" stamp #16207 or any of their other writing background stamps such as 14641.

Hope this inspires you to get creative with your stamps and alter them for your own beautiful images. It's a fun easy technique that has great personalization capabilities for any artwork! -DeeDee

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I really like your project! It's very nice and I like the colors you used.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Stampo said...

Beautiful... love it.

Taxcat1 said...

GREAT COLORS and tutorial on this. So many stamps....so little time! Hmmm, Stampo probably has a stamp that says that!