Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Halloween Double Dose!!

Hiya Folks!! DeeDee here again!

This will be your 2nd helping of Halloweenie goodness from VLVS this week! Wayne (our powerful great head of VLVS) has asked us DT members to help out with an ad in the upcoming Halloween issue of Rubber Stamp Madness, hence all the Halloween treasures!

Here's what I put together for the ad!


Featuring: Cat & Jack O' Lantern - 2.5 x 2.25" - $9.25
Link


Featuring: Haunted House - 2 x 2.75" - $9.00


Both use really similar techniques with slight variations in color and supplies!

I started with manilla tags for both cards... using my craft mat I smeared the desired color of distress ink and spritzed with water. Then I ran the tag over the diluted water applying pressure so that the tag grabbed the color. When the tag was still damp but not soaking I ran the ink pad over it to add a bit more color definition in places. Spritz with water again and allow to dry! Then I stamped both images in a permanent ink pad - Memento in tuxedo black - available at VLVS. I trimmed and cut and adorned cards with new colored images!

Don't forget about the wonderful blog hop coming up on the 29th where you'll get an extra project by each member, and a chance @ a pound o' rubber... a HUGE package of unmounted red rubber stamps! each of the DT members has received this.. and we've all LOVED it!!

Plus say Hi to JOE!! the newest member joining our team!! HIIII JOE! and don't forget to check back all the time to see what everyone has to show you, such great work comin' from this team!

Over n Out ---DeeDee

7 comments:

Proxxon Tools said...

these are wonderful and so is your post. THANK YOU..

Purnima said...

Wonderful card inspiration!! Thanks!!

CHINI said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stampo said...

Both cards were perfect for our upcoming RubberStampMadness ad.

Stampo said...

Love your stamping, Purnima... hope to see some with Viva Las Vegastamps! soon!

Joe M said...

I love your cards DeeDee! Halloween is my favorite holiday. I just happen to have both of these stamps in my collection. I have a black cat named Elphaba so that is why I had to have that stamp! :-)

Aimee said...

YAY FOR HALLOWEEN!!!!
I gotta have that kitty and pumpkin stamp.