Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Both of us can't look good...

Hi Everyone,

Kim here! I have a wall hanging to share with you today that I made for my studio door.  I wanted something girly that would also make my husband laugh. I started out with a piece of chipboard, painted the back of it, then used Miracle Tape to apply designer paper to the front of the chipboard. I then sanded the edges and distressed them with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The Pretty Lady in Pearls was stamped with Rich Cocoa Brown Momento inks, then heat set for just a quick second. She is colored in with Copic Markers. The sentiment "Both of us can't look good at the same time...It's either me or the house", can be found here. the  To finish it all off, I used some Nestibilities to cut the layers for the Pretty Lady, mounted her on the chipboard and added some flowers. The sentiment is cut up and distressed and then mounted on the chipboard. I then added a couple pearl flourishes. 



If you haven't been by Viva Las Vegastamps lately, go have a look! There are so many treasures in there just waiting for a new home!

Thank you for stopping by today!
Kim




4 comments:

Proxxon Tools said...

great project. made me smile...

Mrs. Swandog said...

very cool...love it!

Lyneen said...

LOVELY.... very feminine... the flowers and pearls add the perfect touch! TFS

Aimee said...

LOVE it!!!