Sunday, January 08, 2012

What Was I Thinking?


Valentine's Day is coming soon! I am sure that most of us, at least one time in our lives, could relate to this card. Some people will go buy a nice mushy card, but in the back of their mind they'll be thinking "I need that card that Joe Morgan made!" Anyway, it's just for fun, because Valentine's Day isn't all about hearts and flowers for everyone. Sarcastic people like me would prefer that we skip it and have Halloween twice a year instead. So on to my card!

I used two Viva Las Vegastamps! for this project:
Hugging Lovers
Looking Back Over the Years

For my background, I used a conversation heart embossing folder to dry emboss pink paper. I stamped the sentiment on white and used a decorative punch to punch it out. I stamped the Hugging Lovers stamp on white and colored it with Copic markers and then fussy cut it out. I assembled the card as shown with some green and pink ribbon behind the sentiment and I also inked the edges.

I hope you enjoy my card and at least got a good laugh from it! Viva Las Vegastamps! has a ton of sentiment stamps for everything. I get ideas just by reading them!


For more of my project ideas, visit my blog on Create & Craft.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

OMG! This is a VERY funny card. I honestly laughed out loud as soon as I read the "sentiment"... :0)

Aimee said...

Joe this is awesome! PINNING!!!!
:)

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

ha ha ha!! I love it..so gonna pin it!

Mitch said...

Love this!! So funny!

David H. said...

I really relate to your humor Mr. Morgan!

Sandra Strait said...

Lol! I've had moments like this!

Lyneen said...

Love the embossing background with the stamp..... FUN CARD!!!