Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spruced Up Card Tricks

 Happy Wednesday! Leslie-Rahye here sharing with you a fun technique to do on the Kromecote card stock. We have some beautiful new plates for winter scene building and I couldn't wait to try out some resist and background coloring techniques with them as well! The slick surface of the Kromecote card stock allows Distressed Inks to float on the surface of the card stock when it is spritzed, creating some fun texturey backgrounds!



For this project you will need:
Distress Inks
Archival Black Ink
Versamark Ink
Foam Tape
Kraft Card Stock

I began by layering a background of colors where I would later stamp my Christmas Trees in small and large. After basing in the colors, I spritzed with water and letting colors puddle and then heating then to try. Where I felt I needed more color, I added another layer and heat set again.l Heating between layers keeps you from smearing inks.
Next I layered on Christmas Trees with Black ink. I heat set them so the black would not smear off the Kromecote. Next I stamped with Versamark the three sizes of Snowflakes and dusted them with High Gloss Emboss Powder. While the heat set powder was still warm, I dusted it with Silver mica powder and heat set the embossing powder again so that it would hold the silver mica powder--it remelts just slightly capturing the mica so that it does not rub back off. I then use a soft cloth to wipe the surface of the card before proceeding further.
For the sentiment, I created a background in the same manner as above and stamped my sentiment in Black Archival. The pieces of card stock were edged with black. The sentiment was lifted off the surface of the card with foam tape. The cards were layered onto the Kraft card base.

Thank you for looking I hope you enjoyed my tips! ~leslierahye

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Gorgeous card!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! :)

Sandra Strait said...

Oh, This is gorGEous!

Stamped Impressions said...

Beautiful!

CraftyTravelFrog said...

Thank you for sharing this technique! You've created a beautiful card.

Glenda T. said...

This is sooo beautiful!!!

Morninglass said...

I absolutely love this card!!! the background is great and those snowy tree stamps are awesome!