Saturday, December 15, 2012

Art journal fun

Hi there,  Glenda here with some art journal fun! I'm one of the hosts over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and the prompt for today is this:

THE PROMPT: Tradition! 
THE STUFF: What is one of your favorite holiday traditions? Don't have one? Was there ever one you wished you had? Take a picture or 20 that represent this tradition.
THE TECHNIQUE: Try a little "tinsel" on your page! Glitter, actual tinsel, or something else.

When I thought of traditions at Christmas the first one I thought of was Christmas stockings! Ever since I was a little girl we always looked forward to opening our stocking and finding all kinds of treasures and trinkets. I continued this tradition with my own kids and even at 18 and 22 still have a Christmas stocking for them! This was a great page for me to document and I loved using the Viva Las VegaStamps Chevron stamp
to make this art journal page for the above prompt:

 Chevrons are so huge right now that I love how it modernizes the old fashioned look of this page.
I know I will be using this stamp alot and would love to have any of you art journalers play along with us over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal!

3 comments:

Julie S said...

Great journal page and I like that theme. I may even crack open my art journal today!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous art journal page

Unknown said...

Gorgeous is right!