Thursday, December 06, 2012

Christmas Inspiration

This time of the year is filled with making Christmas cards. This year I made over 300. Yes I was a very busy gal.

Here is one i just made last evening as I caught up on missed TV shows.



Two stamps were used.


MERRY CHRISTMAS

GIRL WITH KITTEN AND DOG

Now when I got the Merry Christmas stamp I was surprised at the size , its small.
Once I sat back and thought about it, I got a bit excited. I mean as a person who loves to make miniature books, ATCs, small tags, this became a brilliant stamp.
Its perfect.

The card is pretty simple to make.

1. Card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, cut out of Kraft cardstock.

2. Adhere a 3 3/4 x 4 1/2 piece of patterned paper to the card.

3. Using alcohol inks, color a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 piece of glossy paper. Use colors that compliment your overall color scheme.

4. Using alcohol inks, color a 3 x 3 piece of glossy paper. Again use inks that compliment each other. The alcohol inks are designed to be used together so really you can't go wrong with whatever colors you choose.

5. Rubber stamp the "Girl with Kitten and Dog" onto the 3 x 3 piece of glossy paper, using a permanent ink such as Staz-On, as this is a non porous surface so it must be permanent after you have inked it with the alcohols inks.

6. Put three complimentary brads on the larger glossy paper,take a piece of ribbon and place it on the left long side tape into place and then adhere it all to the patterned paper.

7. Adhere the 3 x 3 as the top layer, placing it at a different angle, this promotes a visual pleasing to the eye.

8. Stamp "Merry Christmas" onto the bottom right hand side , bottom glossy paper with a permanent ink such as Staz-On, as this is a non porous surface so it must be permanent. Looks pretty nifty there doesn't it.

9. Paper punch the bottom of the card and then adhere a 4 1/4 x 2 piece of alcohol inked border to the bottom the the card.

10. Make a matching envelope. (The key to this, use elements on the envelope that you used on the card, this pulls the whole package together. Example: I used the "Merry Christmas" stamp, to stamp a border around the front of the envelope. I used the same pattern paper and the same paper punch that i used on the card)

11. One thing i did forget, all edges of my card was edged in the Krylon Gold Leafing Pen.

12. Send card to a friend.

Take care all my crafty arty friends.

L.
ANg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stunning, I need to get one of those pens!