Saturday, December 15, 2012

Still in Christmas Mode






Still making stuff for Christmas. As you know from my previous post I do love hearts and couldn;t resist buying this candle holders, which together they form a heart. And to make it myself easier I made altered this box and turned it into a candle storage. The original box already looked like a book but I didn't like the decor, so I stripped everything I didn't like.

And this is what I did with it:
1. I put a layer of all over the cover, not to thick because I wanted to show a bit of the original decor. Then stamped the Harlequin Diamond Background stamp (18920) all over the front cover. then stamped the Spotty Background (1461) on the lower half with a different colour. With Stazon Black I stamped the text December and Daily from the December Daily plate (1430).
2. Take a piece of paper and stamp with Stazon Black the Girl with Wings (19005), mask the image and stamp Flying Watch (19004). Cut this out and colour with water colours. Then stamp with Stazon Black the wings (not the whole girl) on transparant sheet, cut out roughly and put it through the Xyron Stickermaker. Peal off the backing and put some gold metall leafing on it (the photos don;t show it that well, but it looks awesome in real life), cut the wings out and glue them on top of the wings of the image.
3. Glue the girl with watch on the front cover and make some shades with watercolors.
4. Stamp on the spine: the dotty line, twenty, 12 and again the dotty line from the December Daily plate. And the barcode at the bottom.
5. Take some washi tape and tape the edges of the whole cover (so front,  spine  and back). And take some washi tape with text and glue on the box.
6. Put some candles in it and there you are! ready and set for Christmas.

VLVS materials used:
Harlequin Diamond Background 18920
Spotty Background 1461
December Daily plate 1430
Girl with Wings 19005 also on plate 893
Flying Watch also on plate 893
Stazon Black

Hope you like it.

HERMINE

2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful Box!

Unknown said...

Amazing I love that!