Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

My father was a real gentleman. He always carried a clean white cotton handkerchief in his pocket and every night after work he would listen to opera and drink a martini. He was passionate about good food and his family. I have a ton of wonderful memories but when I close my eyes and think of him, it’s his scents that I recall – Old Spice After Shave and fine Cuban cigars.

I recently purchased a stack of cigar boxes (25) to house my ever growing stamps and the shop owner threw in a couple of small cigar tins. When I got home I immediately went on Viva Las Vegastamp Website and found these two fabulous cigar themed stamps - HERE and HERE. A bit of Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman and the rest was as easy as 1-2-3!

Without any further ado, let me introduce my latest project for the Viva Las Vegastamps Design Team. My plan is to fill this tiny album with pictures and memories of my dearly missed father.

Perhaps the most famous cigar quote ever!
The mini is overflowing with tags
I used downloads and miniature cigar bands


Supplies
VLVS Has anyone seen my cigar?
VLVS Tramp with cigar
Miracle Tape
Cigar Bands
Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman
Cigar Tin
Misc. Ephemera

Directions
Using Miracle Tape I covered the top of the cigar tin first with Kraft paper and then with a pattered paper. I added the stamped images using a pop dot on the text to give it more dimension. For the inside of the box I chose a coordinating paper. The mini was made from 5 pieces of medium weight cardboard. I attached paper on each page and added downloaded images, cigar bands, tags and ephemera.

You are cordially invited to a showing of the world famous cigar video HERE. I must warn you that there will be no-smoking during the viewing.

2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Your tin is adorable! Thank you for the fantastic video!

Unknown said...

Well this is just spectacular!!