Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dream It & Be It

Hello, it's Amy here today,and I'm happy to share a layout I made using a selfie my daughter took. I'm always inspired the pops of color and interesting composition of her photos...they are super fun to scrap. For this project I used many of the stamps from plate 928. This plate is perfect for the edginess of this photo (and all of your edgy, grungy projects!)
dream it be it, alassiter To create this project, I started by creating a mixed media background on a neutral 12x12 paper from Tim Holtz's French Market collection. I layered splats of teal, Caribbean blue, and pink. Next, I wet metallic Gelatos in blue and pink, and tapped the very damp brush with my pointer finger, leaving dimensional dots of color behind. My next step was to stencil the chevrons using a damp sponge and black Ranger Archival Ink. When that layer dried, I stamped the crackled background . On top of that, I added a layer of stenciled stars and circles, using punchinella. The painted edges are just using the last bits of paint that remained.
cracked stamping, dreamitbeitWhen all of my background had dried, I placed my photo (which I cut into two parts) on the page, to determine where I would eventually adhere it. Next, I layered up my papers and washi tape, moving from the left middle top, to the bottom.
circle
 When the papers were laid down, I added the large circles, using Sakura Micron Pens and watered down black ink. All other circles were created using paint and a toilet paper roll, OR that fabulous Coffee Ring Stain stamp!.
eyes stamp, dreamitbeit Next up was to add the stamping to the page. I stamped the Eyes Looking Left stamp onto an old library card, and cut them out, inking the edges. I thought it was cool how they sort of echo my daughter's eyes looking right. pointing finger, dreamitbeit I stamped several images (including the Be Adorable stamp) either on the library card, or onto patterned paper, using Momento ink in Tuxedo Black. I adhered them using Miracle Tape. The rest was all embellishment gravy.
left corner, dream it be it Thanks so much for having a look at my project for today, I had so much fun creating it! I hope you're inspired to grab your stamps and ink and start creating too! If you can dream it, you can do it (or be it)!

2 comments:

Tera Callihan said...

This is a fun piece and your daughters picture is lovely also!

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Wow love it!