Saturday, January 04, 2014

Intro : AMY LASSITER

Today I bring you the first designer Alphabetically ...  




Amy Lassiter


This is her 2nd term on our team and we just adore the layers of love that go into all her projects. She's fond of paints, mists, stamps, fibers, flowers, paper, found bits and layering all of the above.


 Amy's says "I am a wife to my best friend from college, and the mother to three daughters. I live in a tiny town that sits on a lake, on the prairies of Kansas, USA. I am employed both as a church soloist (I am a classically trained soprano), and also a librarian.  Other than my amazing family, the thing I eat, sleep, and breathe is mixed media art and craft. I adore creating scrapbook layouts and canvases, tags, cards, and altered projects with an eclectic, free, and soulful vibe.  In the time when I’m not creating, I also enjoy photography, sewing, reading, thrifting, swimming and snorkling. Most days, I also spend at least a little time planning, journaling and dreaming, about relocating to Oahu, Hawaii; my favorite place on earth.


I stamp because stamping allows me to take a single image, and repeat it in 1,000 different, unique ways, to fit any number of projects"

You can find her blog HERE.

And to help us welcome her --- comment here on the blog welcoming her to the team and we'll pick one random comment to win a grab bag of VLVS! Rubber Stamps!

15 comments:

Наталья Шалыгина said...

I love Amy and her amazing style! Congrats Amy! Have fun with this cool stamps!

jo said...

OOoh what fabulous work!!! Must check out Amy's blog!

Crystal said...

Great job...love the layers.

VicR said...

Welcome to another year vlvs dt.
Looking forward to see more of your mixed media style, Amy :)
This piece is awesome with all the layers.

Karen Buchanan said...

I am a new follower and look forward to some great inspiration from the design team! Will be checking out Amy's blog.

Tera Callihan said...

Amy your art is so beautiful!!! Can't wait to see all your upcoming pieces!!

CalibyCreations said...

Amy, I was right. Your art is nonstop fun. Welcome back.

sharon g said...

Welcome. I like your style---lace with gears. Very cool.

by belle said...

Congrats on another term Amy!!! I am always inspired by your lovely layers!!

Tanya said...

Fabulous! She's got style :)

Tambo said...

Welcome Amy! Love your altered art. This is my sister to a T. She would love it if I made her something this gorgeous. She dresses up for a shooting club with her husband and makes her own dresses. This just reminds me of her so much. Absolutely love it. tfs Tami

Diana Fernandez said...

Welcome Amy! I love your steampunk style! I can't wait to see your fabulous style all over the vlvs blog!

MichelleMc said...

Congratulations, Amy! Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous, inspiring creations!

Annelies said...

Congrats on making it in the DT Amy! I'm looking forward to seeing your VLVS creations! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

NWFlamingo said...

Nice stuff! Welcome, from a church organist!