Monday, January 13, 2014

The Background Takes Center Stage

Good Monday morning to you all! It's Amy here today, to share an art journal page, with lots of background stamping that adds a bit of flair to the pages. 
I began by stamping both pages with the cracked background stamp,
with Ranger Archival Ink in coffee. I then dotted on acrylic paints in gold, silver, and metallic green, and spread them thin with a brayer. After waiting for the first layer to dry, I added flicks and flecks of paints in many colors, and black ink, as well. When those were dry, I began stamping, first using the checkerboard background 4x3   and the star pin, in random places that seemed pleasing to my eye. 
 To add layers on top of my vintage photo of children during the great depression, I stamped on Prima cotton tape with the lace background stamp, and added it along the sides, along with washi tape, and bits of 7 Dots Studio papers.
Finally, I added embelllishments, like UmWowStudio chipboard hearts and stars, Prima Gears, and  a chipboard banner piece from Maya Road, stamped with the moon circle (I love that sweet face).
I finished off the page using the fabulous new Color Wheel Lines  and the No. 5 Tag  stamps.
I'm so pleased with how this page came out, and the way it showcases this very unique photo, in such an artistic and "different" way. Thanks for having a look, and for more inspiration, visit my blog at www.sparklinggnome.com . Have a happy, inspired, and stampy week! ;)

3 comments:

Miae said...

Amy this is wonderful! Love that stamped background and beautiful photo!

PetraB said...

Great project, the background is fabulous.

Tera Callihan said...

LOVE this!! :D