Monday, January 20, 2014

Watercolor Stamping {A tag}

Hey folks! DeeDee here today to share with you the Demo Tag we did this month. Each month on the 1st Sunday from 1-3 pm I do a free demo make n take style @ The Crafting Place.

This month I chose to do a little bit of watercolor stamping!


We tend to start with a #8 tag base, in this case just some cream colored cardstock. It's been distressed with Ranger's Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, and Prima's Distress Tool. I inked up the Fris ChamairisLatifolia lot all with Ranger Distress Markers and spritzed it with a squirt bottle. Then, I just stamped it down like normal.


You can see the watercolor effect really well here. To finish off the tag I stretched across some Tim Holtz tissue tape, and a piece of Mica which has been stamped with Through The Looking Glass in StazOn ink which is meant for non porous surfaces like mica.

To keep the tape and mica in place, I punched a few staples into the tag.


And all the beautiful replicas! We used a few different flowers and ink colors, but they're all so glorious! The ribbon at the top is the beautiful Silk ribbon from May Arts -- all colored (it takes it so well!!) with the distress markers.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous technique! I want give this a try.

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful, amazingly gorgeous! I don't see a link to your blog in the sidebar though, would like to see more from you!:)

Tera Callihan said...

So much fun!

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful technique!