Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Hunt.

Hello!!  Mary here with a pocket-sized book for lookin'.
 
Last weekend, I was able to capture a few snapshots of my kiddos at my church's annual Easter egg hunt.  From the moment I took them, I knew I wanted to scrap them...and FAST!
 
Here's a peek at my book...
 

I've been on a mission to use up some of my old paper stash.  While it's a noble endeavor, playing with older paper can be a bit blah.  I find myself craving the new.  It's exciting to get your hands on craftin' goodies---hot off the press!!  So, I thought what better way to jazz up old paper and make it new again, that with some rock solid stamping??
 
I started my book by cutting my photos and papers down to 3x2 inches in size.  For each patterned paper, I chose a stamp and stamped (sometimes repeatedly, depending on the size of the stamp) my image down with Memento ink in Tuxedo Black.  A bit of color added really makes the stamped image POP!!  I've used my Copic markers in a variety of colors.

 

Being such a tiny book, I decided to add my journaling on vellum.  It gives me plenty of room for the story without covering up any of the lovely stamping.

I LOVE how this bulls eye page turned out!

 
 

And this clouds page is super whimsical and totally makes me smile.


Here's a peek at the rest of my pages...

 
 
And that's my book!!  I love that it's pocket-sized but still packs a punch.
 
Viva Las VegaStamps! used:
 
 
 
Thanks so much for joining me today!!  xx Mary

No comments: