Thursday, April 03, 2014

Tina Walker, April Guest Designer



Hello!  And Happy Thursday! 

Tina Walker here today, I am so excited to be here with y’all today and to be able to share in my excitement and passion for creating art!  I’d like to say a special THANK YOU to DeeDee Catron for inviting me.  I will be with y’all for 3 months and I can’t wait to get started!

Before I start, here’s a bit about me and what I like to create.


I dabbled in scrapbooking approximately 15 years ago and would create in bursts of artistic energy, but it wasn't until 4 years ago when I really started to be 'obsessed' with Scrapbooking.  I have been blessed to have been published in Somerset Memories, Artful Blogging, Scrapbook Trends, and Creating Keepsakes.

I am a working mom, working outside the home.  My children are grown, so much of my inspiration comes from my two French bulldogs, Moose & Flikka.  They have quite the reputation in the scrapbook world.  I currently live in Salt Lake City, Utah, but am a Mid West girl by heart.   (Go Buckeyes!) 

You can see more of my scrapbook, Home Décor, and mixed media projects on my blog, A Dog's Life.
 

For my first project share, I created an Art Journal page.  Art Journaling is relatively a new art form for me, but once I tried it, I was hooked.  I love the free-form input and creativity associated with Art Journaling, and using stamps really extends your creative options.


I am not a typical stamper, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t love using (and collecting) stamps.  One of my favorite ways of using stamps is to build a focal point that enhances the message of the page.

The background of my page started with a Gelli Plate Print.  Before doodling on the background, I stamped my page using 'Flower Background', then heat embossed with black powder.  I ‘painted’ the open spaces on the stamp with watercolors and let it dry completely.


Once I was happy with how the stamped image looked, I doodled and embellished the remainder of the page with Acrylic Paint markers and doodle pens.  




This is a really simple way to use stamps when Art Journaling, yet make them unique and personalized.

Thank you for letting me share my Art Journal page with you today.  Be sure and stop back later this month for another project.

Have a great day!

Tina

2 comments:

by belle said...

Love your doodling!! Great page!!

Annette Allen said...

wow Tina is AMAZING.. this is stunning.. She is so creative and inspiriting.. congrats on guest designing Tina..