Monday, May 12, 2014

PANPASTEL The color of the soul...

Our 2nd Pan Pastels post today comes from the super talented Tina Walker! 

Hello and Welcome to another day of sharing inspiration with VLVS and PanPastel.

Tina Walker here today with an Art Journal page that speaks to me at the core of my being.


Quite often, my Art Journal pages are inspired by a favorite quote or idea.   For my project today, my inspiration came from the bright, colorful PanPastels I was going to create with.

To build my page, I cut a Pyramid Shaped template with my Silhouette Cameo to use as a guide for coloring with my PanPastels.


Once each square was colored with PanPastels, (keeping the template in place), I randomly stamped using 'Color Wheel Lines'.  (This is one of my favorite stamps!)


I then randomly colored within each stamped image with markers and pens, adding a bit of doodling here and there.

Once I was happy with each colored square, I finished my reverse pyramid with more doodling and color.


I had originally left the outside white, but really wanted the color to POP, so I painted the outside of the pyramid with a grey PanPastels.  Happy!

I found an inspiring quote to reflect my thought on color and added it below the pyramid.


Using Stamps with PanPastels is one of my favorite techniques.  They work beautifully together.

Be sure and stop by tomorrow for another amazing project!

Tina

No comments: