Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Viva Las VegaStamps & Pan Pastels!

And 2nd today for our Pan Pastels Feature is the superbly talented Glenda Tkalac!



Ok, how exciting was this?? We were given some yummy pan pastels to play with and it was my first time playing with them, I was a Pan Pastels virgin!! haha I decided that I wanted to do two projects using the uber fabulous Running lady stamp
She looks exactly how I've been feeling lately so I decided to do an art journal page using her as well as these other fab stamps, the film strip stamp
and the one way stamp
and the one way small stamp
and the pylon stamp
and last but not least the arrow stamp
First of all I took a brick wall stencil and then sprayed it and then laid it onto my journal page and pressed evenly so I only got some of it (and yes I had to enjoy a nice cold beer while doing this)... also forgive the dim pics as I was playing at night!
 Then I took some of the orange pan pastel and used the sponge tool and colored when I wanted orange.
 Now it was time for placement! I had stamped the running lady stamp onto plain white cardstock and then cut her out and placed her where I wanted her, and then used black shimmerz to create a black cloud above her ('cause that's how I'm feeling lately!)
 then I got all kinds of other fun stuff as well as the cut out stamps and glued them onto my journal page.
 and here is my finished journal page!
I also made an ATC using the running lady stamps and pan pastels.  Here are the materials I used
 Once I glued the papers I wanted together onto a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 piece of white cardstock I then took a stencil and placed it on top of the papers, and then using the sponge rubbed the orange pan pastels where I wanted it and sprayed a clear coat fixative onto it so the pastels wouldn't rub off
 I also had a rub on that was really old and crappy and wouldn't rub on so I taped it onto the card using clear tape and then glued the running lady onto the card, smudged the edges using staz on ink and voila! Here is my ATC.
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I used these stamps as well as the Pan Pastels and until next time!


1 comment:

Lucy E. said...

This is a really cool journal page and ATC! That running lady is fun!