Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Creating texture with stamps and stencils

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

Tina here today with a dimensional Mini Canvas project that is FULL of texture created by using Stamps and Stencils - two of my favorite tools!


If you only had a couple of favorite stamps and a stencil or two, you could create an unlimited number of unique canvases!  The possibilities are endless.

To create my background texture, I applied Shimmerz Dazzelerz through a Crafters Workshop stencil and let dry completely.  I then applied several shades of Distress Paint (over the stenciled pattern) and let the colors mix and blend.


For more texture, I covered both canvases with a layer of Crackle Paint.  Once dry, I applied Distress Ink (watered down) and allowed the ink to seep into the cracks.


I added a bit of stamping, using the Dictionary Page stamp.  This added more texture and interest.

To create my focal point, I heat embossed a sheet of heavy cardstock, using the Design Crosses 2x2 stamp.  I then painted each square with Shimmerz Inklingz, cut each stamped image out, then rolled each square into a flat piece.


I glued each rolled square to a scrap piece of cardboard, and wrapped twine around the entire piece.

To finish my canvas, I added several metal embellishments, painted and enhanced to match the colors of the canvas.



Done!

How do you create texture on canvases?  Please share your tips and ideas!  I am always looking for new ways to create!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!



2 comments:

Julie S said...

Fabulous canvas, Tina. The close-ups really reinforce your points. I wish I didn't have to head off to work in a bit - I'd rather get out some inks, paints, stamps and stencils!

Riet Harikini said...

This is so beautiful, love how you made this.