Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Foxy Adventures

be adventurous, VLVS, ALL
Hello my stamper friends! It's Amy here today to share a card I made, using a bit of an art journal page that went a little awry. :) I had created a set of watercolored art journal pages, when I dropped a stamp very inconveniently on the page....causing an irreparable smudge. I was sad, but realized I could cut out sections that I really loved, and use them for cards!
After stamping the Cute Fox in Coat using Memento ink in tuxedo black over the top of a watercolored section. I painted him in watercolors as well, making sure to have the green in his coat drip slightly. I liked how that made him sort of seamlessly blend into the page. adventurous, side close
I then used a ruler and penciled with pink Faber Castell Design Memory Craft Aquarelles (smudging with my wet paintbrush), and then cut along those edges, adhering it to the card with foam adhesive dots. I gave the card a little pizazz with ink splotches, stenciling, and stamping with the Waybill/Invoice Background stamp, before adding my foxy little dude. I added some embellishments, and voila! My card had come together, easy as pie! The best part of this project? I saved a "mistake," from the waste bin, and gave it a new life as a card I can send to a friend.
 I hope you were inspired, and smiled a little at the sweet fox in his green coat.  :)
~Amy  

Supply List: 
Viva Las VegaStamps!:Cute Fox in Coat, waybill invoice
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media
Watercolors: Sakura
Sticker: 7 Dots Studio
Chipboard: UmWowStudio
Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop
Flower: Prima
Metal: Bead Landing
Ink: IMAGINE Crafts- Memento Ink, Tuxedo Black, Teal; Ranger Ink-Potting Soil
Washi Tape: Gauche Alchemy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your work is new to me as are these stamps. Found you on Pinterest and look forward to seeing more of your work! I LOVE this card and stamp!! Kate