Thursday, October 09, 2014

Mixed Media ATC's

Mixed media, in visual art, refers to an artwork in the making of which more than one medium has been employed. 

One thing I love about making ATC's is that you can use alot of the supplies that you already use if you scrapbook, art journal, do canvases, project life, etc...  I also find it's a great way to use up all the little paper scraps we seem to accumulate (I get a ton!!).

To make this first ATC I gathered up some odds and ends that I had lying around
as well as the treasured Line of Chevrons stamp and the Showgirl with baton stamp and made this ATC
 I also found another overlay as well as some pom poms and miscellaneous items and added them as well, but that's what makes the ATC have more depth and interest.  Don't be afraid to layer on the items!

I also made this ATC
using the Lady tilting head stamp as well as a chipboard piece, rub ons, some pattered paper and a rhinestone.

And last but not least this fun ATC using the Lady dress flying up stamp
 using a project life card glued onto cardstock, some rub ons, a transparency, rhinestones and pattered paper.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my ATC's and that it has inspired you to dig into your stash and layer on the supplies! 
 

No comments: