Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Seek Paradise

Hi Guys Karen with you again today.. I'm so happy to be back after a little break to share with you again.
 
I fell in love with the gorgeous little Boy in Tub Boat on plate 1449,


 
 so I thought it would be perfect to use for my project today.
 
I started off by doing some mono printing on to my tag as my first background layer using some of  The Crafters Workshop Stencils and some distress ink.
 
The Crafters Workshop stencils I used were
 
 TCW455 Love post
and
TCW460 Ring Doily
 
I love how this background looks!
 
 
 
I then added in some machine stitching around the edges, and a little bit of random stamping using  one of my go to background stamps
 
 
 
 
 I don't think I could ever get sick of using this stamp!
 
I then stamped the
 
 
and
 
 
Seek Paradise 3/4 x 2 1/4
 
 on to some cardstock and cut them out, added in a tiny bit of distress ink around the edges and mounted them onto my tag along with some of my favourite idea-ology embellishments and I was done, Nice and simple, but I love how it turned out!
 
 


 
Thanks so much for stoping by today, Until; next time.. Happy Stamping!
 
Karen xx

 
 
 

6 comments:

Rox Boyce said...

Your work is flawless, such wonderful background in that it is so subtle but so much to see as well. Your use of layering is so impressive and always ends in such a perfect balance. Kudos to you Karen your talent is boundless.

Riet Harikini said...

I like the color combo, but most of all love how you combined the embellishments with the boy stamp.
Great job!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

FABULOUS art! Love this piece.

Karen said...

Really love this tag!

Anonymous said...

Indeed a lovely stamp, and love your tag!

Chark said...

great mix of elements--they go perfectly together!