Tuesday, January 06, 2015

A Fresh Face for the New Year...


Welcome to Viva Las VegaStamps! Susan here today and I'm so excited to rejoin my inky-stampy friends here at VLVS! It's been ages since my rubber stamps have seen the light of day so I decided to make a fun ATC using the Collage Face #18378 which reminds me of my fabulous winter hat.


I started out with some scraps of cardstock, an embossed painted paper and a mini tag and I stamped my images onto them using black archival ink. I doodled in some longer curly locks using a black PITT pen. I gave a quick color washing with Faber-Castell PITT brush pens applied with a water brush. I like the color, but my face needed a little more POP.

 

I broke out my Faber-Castell Gelatos and added some more color.


I played and smudged on the Gelatos onto my face and painted book page ATC base. I blended out the details with my waterbrush. 


I assembled the layers using Miracle Tape then spritzed with a dash of Tsukineko New Sprout Fireworks for some shimmery splatters. I finished off with stamping the word "dream" and spelled out "play" using the alphabet from the December Daily Plate #1430 by brushing my black PITT pen onto stamps – resulting in a lighter more subtle impression on top of the Gelato smudged background.

A Fresh Face for the New Year!



• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thanks so much for dropping by. Don't forget about the January inspiration challenge. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... you could win more RUBBER! CLICK HERE for challenge details. Also, you definitely want to subscribe to the blog feed and to the Viva Las VegaStamps! newsletter to be IN THE KNOW of everything going on at the Viva Las Vegastamps! store. There's so much amazing inky inspiration to see!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. I wish all of you a inky and Merry New Year in 2015!!  Sb

5 comments:

BLockHEad said...

Love it!

by belle said...

This is great Susan!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Great ATC ! Love the colours !
Corrie

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Thanks everyone!!

ddazzled71 said...

Beautiful and fabulously fun Susan, the Gelatos are one of my favorite ways of adding color to my stamped images.