Thursday, January 22, 2015

WOW... It's Chilly Outside!


Welcome to Viva Las VegaStamps! Susan here today and I'm so overwhelmed by my ever growing stash of VLVS! stamps – I can't decide what to stamp or create. So what's a gal to do??? Scroll through the hundreds of emails in my yahoo box from blogs I subscribe and see what's shakin'!

I found a winner... a cool challenge over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. SOSS #25 - W is for WOW it's Cold. Winner winner chicken dinner! I'm off and running and I know exactly what I'm going to use to make a couple ATC's to enter in the challenge.

I started out with a leftover section of marbelized paper using T!m's technique with Ranger Distress Paint Daubers, in wintery colors. Then I made some quick trimming to get my ATC blanks ready to stamp. I stamped my images using black waterproof ink and created a quickie mask of each with post-it notes so that I can layer in some scenery.

After stamping, I hand colored with my waterbrush and Sakura Color of America Gelly Roll Starburst and Soufflé Pens – this really gave the characters a fun "POP" of shimmery color. I added some layers of torn handmade paper at the bottom of each for snowbanks using Miracle Tape. EASY PEASY! I finished off with labelmaker stamped words and a smudging with Tsukineko Antique Gold Dewdrop ink around the edges. Totally chilly and fun!

WOW it's COLD!!!


Snow Much Fun!




• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thanks so much for dropping by. Don't forget about the January inspiration challenge. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... you could win more RUBBER! CLICK HERE for challenge details. Also, you definitely want to subscribe to the blog feed and to the Viva Las VegaStamps! newsletter to be IN THE KNOW of everything going on at the Viva Las Vegastamps! store. There's so much amazing inky inspiration to see!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. Hope you have a fabulous day!!  Sb

7 comments:

Lynne Mizera said...

What! Anther fabulous entry for our "W" is for WOW! it's Cold challenge.. and it's a chicken! I swoon over your Snarkiness! Thanks for joining us... and I hope we see MORE of you (Grin)

Chris Dring said...

Holy Crow! Er, Chicken!! These ATC's are amazing!! I keep forgetting about VLV Stamps, gotta get an order in to them!! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great ATC Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Donna said...

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
Love your ATC's! Glad you found the sisterhood and decided to join us!
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "W is for WOW it's Cold" challenge!!!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Awesome stamps and your bird ATCs are too fab. I got a huge grin from the skiing flamingo! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Barbara Godden said...

Love those ATCs awesome job and thanks for showing them at SoSS for the W is for Wow it's cold.

Lindsey said...

I love these, Susan! Especially the chilly chicken in a parka. And I was honoured that you came and commented on my Dr Who card -- I love that Tardis! :) Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!