Saturday, February 28, 2015

Celebrate Everything.

Hello!  Mary here with a simple, yet fun stamped project step-by-step for you.

I began by stamping the Large Button and Small Button stamps with StazOn ink in Jet Black.


Then, because I was stamping on watercolor paper which is very textured, I filled in my stamping with a Faber-Castell pitt artist pen.  The black fades a bit and matches the StazOn ink perfectly!


A little Distress Ink painted on...


... with a few flicks of water add subtle texture.


 Then, I added machine stitching for even more texture.


I embellished with the sweet Girl in Princess Costume stamp and the Until Further Notice sentiment stamp to finish my book covers.


And now, all that's left is to make a book!


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope I've inspired you to grab your favorite VLVS! rubber and make something today!

 xx Mary

4 comments:

italianarteestspalette said...

Absolutely love your creation. Even with a happy birthday banner this would make an adorable birthday card. Thanks for sharing!

by belle said...

I just love the watercolor!! Fantastic!!

Karen said...

That is a nice tutorial-great job!

Susanne Rose said...

Wow! This is so lovely. I need to keep that in mind.