Monday, April 06, 2015

Fly.

Hello!  Mary here with a Spring-inspired card set.

I began by stamping the Butterfly Gossamer/Large image with VersaMark ink and embossing it with Wow embossing powder in Primary Ebony.

I LOVE this image!!  Because it's 4 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches in size, it can totally rock the whole front of a card without much else needing to be done.


Next, I wet the inside of the image with a wash of water before I began 'watercoloring' with a few colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang spray ink.


In total, I painted up five cards, but here's a peek at three.

When I was done coloring them up, I spattered a bit of ink to fill up a bit of that white space.


Since I wanted to wrap these pretties up as a set, I decided to create a closure with another stamped butterfly on vellum.  StazOn ink is my favorite ink for stamping on vellum, as it dries well on non-porous surfaces.


To finish up my closure, I fussy cut out the butterfly, and added it to the top of a clothes pin with some thread and sequins.


And here's a peek at the set.  I decided to stamp a sentiment at the end and used the 'FLY' portion of the Get Cape Wear Cape Fly image.



To bundle up my set, I just wrapped some May Arts silk ribbon in a couple of colors around them and clipped it in place the butterfly clip.

LOVE!


Thanks so much for joining me today.  I hope you've found a bit of stampy inspiration.  Now, go grab your favorite VLVS! rubber and get to stamping!!

xx Mary

7 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Love it all, Mary ! they are gorgeous !
Corrie x

Julie S said...

They're all gorgeous!

by belle said...

Mary! These are simply gorgeous and now I MUST have that stamp. :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow these cards are just wonderful , I love them all!!!

Greetings
Maria

Gery said...

Saw your cards on Facebook and just wanted to say:
"They are all gorgeous."
Thanx for the explanation, Mary.

Kristiina said...

These are simply beautiful, made my day!

TangledBlueRose said...

Super wonderful gorgeous!~kim