Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I NEED You to Celebrate!!


Hello everyone! Susan here with quick and easy card using Viva Las VegaStamps! with a little bit of humor. Quick doesn't exactly describe my stamping style, so this time I decided to go with fun birthday card using an image that is a bit... OFF.



I made a card using the "Uncle Sam Wants You" #5794 image that is a mess-up. Yes we all have them. This is what happens when the stamp falls off the acrylic block when your Miracle Sheet backer is not quite tacky enough anymore... SAM took a little dive when I went to stamp. I gently peeled the stamp up and remounted, then stamped again right on top.

Do stamped images always have to be perfect??! Absolutely not! I thought this one could be used one day and tossed it into the scrap bin. I really like how it resembles one of those old silk screen posters. To make it look more intentional, I swiped around the edges with Picket Fence Distress Stain.


I stamped my sentiments using the same black dye ink and made the "Celebrate Early..." #9340 stamp look equally messed up by swiping with Picket Fence Distress Stain. My motto – nothing goes to waste and there are no mistakes. After some quick matting with dualing blue cardstocks, I layered the pieces over a Distress Stain Splattered star collage embossed paper and a strip of vellum. The card is finished off with a snarky quip... "Happy Birthday from One Old Buzzard to Another!"

"I Need You to Celebrate!"


• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Other Supplies: creme, navy and blue cardstock; Picket Fence, Barn Door, Broken China and Faded Jeans Ranger Distress Stains; paper trimmer; star collage embossing folder; and vellum strip.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thanks so much for dropping by! Have you seen the May inspiration board...  join us and play along with the May inspiration challenge {CLICK HERE for details}. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... you could win more RUBBER!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. Hope you have a fabulous day!!  Sb

2 comments:

ionabunny said...

Thank you for sharing your imperfect, but lovely, stamping. The shadow around uncle sam looks very arty. Hugz

by belle said...

I agree...no mistakes!! Great card Susan!