Sunday, August 23, 2015

Never Change

Hello blogland. Shanna here to inspire you all with some Viva goodness.

I found inspiration from DeeDee's art journal page she recently did and I wanted to give it a go.

I played with a new stamp. 


I decided to play with some Distress Inks and I went ahead and took some pictures as I created. So grab a cup of something and following along with this quick tutorial. 


I smooshed some the new 2015 color Abandoned Coral all over the page. 


Sprinkled some water on it. 


Then I pulled out a tag and the tree stamp Leafless Trees in Field (19719). I used three colors of the Distress Ink to give the tag an ombre effect. 


Of course I add a sentiment via Tim Holtz stickers after doing a smidgen more stamping using the stamp Color Wheel with Lines (19338) and Torn Paper (19341)


Here are some close ups. I am bummed that I ended up with black ink smudged above the tree, but I loved the sentiment and was glad to add it. 


Again I was just so inspired and loved how simple and fun this page turned out to be.

Items Used:
Black Ink
Distress Ink: Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber, Squeezed Lemonade, and Mustard Seed
Tim Holtz - Conversation Stickers



2 comments:

Irit Shalom said...

My favorite stamps! Great job!

by belle said...

GORGEOUS page!! Love the color combo!