Thursday, September 17, 2015

Mixed Media Notecard

Hi everybody! Today I want to show you how I made this 4" x 6" mixed media notecard. I use these kind of cards in my art journals, planners, layouts or sometimes as a postcard.

Step 1: I started with some patterned papers (these are from DCWV). The stripes on top have a great texture. I adhered them with Gel Medium.

 Step 2: I added a thin layer of gesso on top.

Step 3: I used a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and modeling paste to create some texture. After the paste was dry it was time for the first layer of color. I used the Marabu Art Sprays "lemon" and "chilli". These are acrylic inks so they are waterproof when they are dry.

Step 4: I used more of the Art Sprays. This time I took "raspberry".

Step 5: I added some more gesso with my fingers. For some more interest in the background I used the lace borders from the "Lace Background" stamp. They are stamped with Memento Luxe "Love Letter".

Step 6: I used Viva Decor Inka Gold "Aquamarine" for the color splatters and the "Number Strip " stamp for more texture.

Step 7: Now it was time to prepare the card toppers. I used the "Wanderlust" and "Whimisical Face with Horns" stamps. The borders are drawn by hand with a black PITT Artist Pen on top of the "Dictionary Page" stamp. To give the borders a little bit of color I sprinkled some "Aquamarine" Inka Gold and some of the "raspberry" color on top of them.

Step 8: The stamped impressions were added to the card with 3d foam pads. Before I did that I used some black gesso on the background for more contrast. For the perfect finish I added some doodling with a white and black uniPOSCA marker.


Thanks for stopping by today, Susanne.



Stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps!
Dictionary Page
Number Strip
Lace Background
Whimsical Face with Horns
Wanderlust

1 comment:

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful, Susanne ! Those little splashes of blue truly lift it to a different level !
Corrie x