Monday, November 23, 2015

Mail art Monday !!!

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Mail Art Monday !

Today,  I am sharing a mail art envelope with you. It is a little tutorial so sit back and enjoy !

First of all the finished envelope :




Front:



Back:



Here's how I made it:




I started out with a standard envelope. Of course you could use or make any size you want. 




First thing I did, was mask off the address section with a bit of post-it tape. You see I have used this before ! 




I decided to use acrylic paints and a brayer to create my background. It will be more weather proof with acrylic paint as well. 


Here's how it looked when I just started rolling on the paint... 



I used: Orange, pink, green and turquoise..



After I finished rolling the paint I took off the mask. 



Next is stamping ! My favourite bit !


Here is a 'halfway'look....I used different colours of ink to stamp the background.



A bit more stamping....I also doodled around the address space with a black marker. 


Here, the stamping is finished and I thought it needed some white..... 



So here is the finished product with white stencilling added.... Hope you like it....



Of course I couldn't ignore the back of the envelope....


I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 






No comments: