Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Guest Blogger : Sue Plumb X3

We are back with a 3rd project from the uber talented Sue Plumb! You can learn more about her from the 1st time she visited us.

Today she is sharing a journal page with us -- totally killer!



"This is a Paint-Me-Dori paintable fabric journal cover that I won as a prize at a scrapbooking retreat. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with it, until I was inspired by all the VLVS images I had stamped onto tissue paper (courtesy of Fiona Paltridge's stash). 




I first gave the canvas cover a quick swipe of colour using a pale aqua acrylic paint; then cut out the images I wanted to use and applied them using a matte medium to create a collage. 



The beauty of this method is that as the tissue paper dries, it virtually disappears into the background, leaving only the stamped image behind. 




Once the cover was completely dry, I added splashes of colour using Posca paint pens and black and white gesso."




Here's a list of the stamps I used on this project:

1 comment:

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful !