Thursday, January 25, 2018

Tarot Pen-/Brush Holder by Majo



Hi all, it's Majo here with my first tutorial as a member of the Design Team.

The first creation I will share with you is a pen-/ or brush holder.

You can use it for many other items as well and it makes a great gift filled up with candy, tea bags, cosmetics etc. :)
 

 I used to cut and fold the chipboard myself, but since I can buy the plain holders at the “Swedish Store”, I use them instead. They’re very sturdy! 
  I started by spraying a piece of cardstock with Distress Spray Stain and cut it into pieces.


 I stamped the four Tarot cards and also some stars in the background, I added the word “mysterious”.

  I applied acrylic paint on the edges of the box. 



 After adhering the panels with strips of Miracle Tape to the box I used bleach to lighten up the images … and a little distress ink to soften them again. I added Washi Tape on the inside of the pen holder.


   The following pictures all sides of the pen-/brush holder ….




 .... and a little close up of the background:

 I used the following stamps:


Tarot La Forza  - Strength
Tarot XVIII - The Moon
Tarot XVII - The Star

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial, happy crafting




 




3 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Looks great Majo! A super project!

ionabunny said...

Congrats on joining the VLVS team Majo. Gorgeous project. Love practical art. HUgz

Dotty Jo said...

Totally fabulous, Jo x