Friday, January 09, 2015

January Guest Designer : Georgia Heald

Today I'd like to introduce you to our January Guest Designer Georgia Heald. She is one super talented girl and I'm so excited to have her on our blog. She's joining us with a card and a tag, both so beautiful.



Hi, I'm Georgia, I'm 38, from Tasmania Australia where I live with my husband, teenage son and furry cat baby. I would describe my style as modern grunge with a real love for art mediums and stamping. I create mostly 12 x 12 layouts, cards and journals with the occasional off the page project and canvas. I currently design for Prima Marketing & The Scrapbook Diaries. I am absolutely thrilled to have been invited to be guest designer this month at VLVS!

My blog: www.startingtoscrap.blogspot.com.au




Seek Paradise Card



This little guy is so adorable, as soon as I saw him I could see him sailing across the ocean in search of something. So I decided to create just that. I have cut a piece of Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio sticky back canvas to fit my card, stuck on a craft mat and prepped with Gesso.


Once dry, I have painted my background using Studio Calico Color Theory acrylic paints and adhered to my card. I have then stamped my Boy In The Tub Boat stamp on a piece of Ranger Inkssentials matte coated cardstock and cut him out. I have kept him in black and white as I really wanted him to pop out from the background. And finally finished with the Seek Paradise stamp also on the matt cardstock to finish.







Product List
Boy In The Tub Boat Stamp
Seek Paradise Stamp
Studio Calico Color Theory Acrylic Paints, Ranger Sticky Back Canvas, Ranger Matte Coated Cardstock, Ranger Archival Ink in Black

Why Hello Tag






How sweet is this little girl! I really wanted to keep her the focus of my project so decided to do a small gift tag with her. I have created my background using watercolors, modeling paste and a stencil. I have then stamped my Girl In A Princess Costume onto some Ranger matte cardstock with archival ink. I have then cut her out and sprayed with some Micador Fixtative which makes the ink run just slightly giving her some grey shading. I have then used some watercolor paints to color several small pieces of tissue paper and once dry, stamped her onto each and cut out the layers of her dress to add to my image. I have added a few little embellishments and then using another piece of tissue paper, stamped my Why Hello title. I have then added this using a gel medium to my tag. Using tissue for your stamps is awesome when you have a textured background and may not be able to get a complete stamped image.






Product List
Girl In A Princess Costume Stamp
Why Hello Stamp
Micador Watercolor Paints, Micador Fixative Workable Mat Spray, Ranger Inkessentials Matte Coated Cardstock, Studio Calico Wood Veneer Stars, Prima Marketing Art Basics Heavy Gesso, Prima Marketing Art Basics Modeling Paste, Prima Marketing Art Basics Gel Medium Matte, The Crafter's Workshop Stencil, Prima Marketing Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings Wings Trinket, Chain & Jump Ring, Ranger Archival Ink in Black

6 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous, especially love the boy in the tub !
Corrie x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Lovely projects, like your style!

Anonymous said...

Bith are absolutely gorgeous!

Kristiina said...

Love the canvas background on the card, simple yet ingenious!

Unknown said...

Both of them are absolutely gorgeous, the texture makes you want to touch them. Really love your style x

Glenda T. said...

I love both of these, absolutely beautiful!!