Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Wings Are Ready

Hello everyone. Shanna here and I am beyond excited to be a part of the design team and here sharing my first post with you as a design team member. 

Now on to the fun parts right!!!

I had so much fun picking out stamps and your head just pops with so many ideas. The thing I love most about the stamps is that you can color them or leave them plain stamped images. I love doing that as it makes the stamps pop off the project.

So I decided to kick it off with an art journal creation.



First I had some Tim Holtz tissue wrap that I added to my pages with some mate gel medium. After that I gave the pages a white wash with gesso.  Then I added some Dina Wakely Acrylic paint in the color turquoise and magenta. Spraying each color with some water to create paint drips. 
Then I used the stamp Wildflower Silhouette - 19556 (Plate 1451) with a Distress Marker Crushed Olive and stamped it twice at the bottom of the page.






Then I thought the Girl with Wings - 19005 (Plate 893) would look perfect for this spread. So I stamped her with the StazOn Ink and fussy cut her out. Although I decided to go ahead and pop her wings up for dimension. 





Then I couldn't help but add some glass bead gel for a little more texture. 
Then I wanted to add some brown and went for my Twinkling H20's, using the colors Cedarwood and Autumn Butternut. 



I tried hard to stick to the January challenge them the mood board is just amazing but I love pink and had to splash some in there. 


Don't forget to enter the challenge HERE!

4 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Wow, beautiful spread !
Corrie x

Julie S said...

Beautiful! I always love an excuse to whip out the glass bead gel - such cool stuff. That sentiment is one of my faves and Girl With Wings is so perfect with it!

by belle said...

Very nice journal spread!! Great splashes of color!

Chark said...

love your colors and the feel of this page!